DIY Home Decor and Recipe Ideas for the Holidays!Christophe's To Go
Pumpkin Pie Pudding
1 can of solid-pack pumpkin
1 can evaporated milk
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
2 large beaten eggs2 tablespoons butter, melted 2-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice 2 teaspoons vanilla extract Sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, optional Directions:
- Combine first eight ingredients. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. slow cooker.
- Cook, covered, on low until a thermometer reads 160°, 6-7 hours. If desired, serve with whipped cream.
Fiery FloraThe fall foliage creates a beautiful display of colors. Capture those shades with a vibrant artificial flower bouquet and bring out the antiquity of fall with an elegant rusty metal vase. You can find any of these items at your local dollar store. Look for artificial flowers with the colors red, orange, and yellow. Add artificial berry branches or fern leaves to bring out the earthiness of fall. Look for a vase that is metal with the tones of faded silver or rusted burnt steel so your centerpiece expresses antiquity and that of an heirloom. Source: www.countryliving.com
DIY Bat Branch Centerpiece
- Find thin branches either from your backyard or your local craft store.
- Using black paper trace 15-25 bats and cut them out using scissors.
- Hot glue the paper bats onto the branches.
- Place branches with bats into a vase or container.
You can place this anywhere in your house as an accent decoration. For example, use it as a centerpiece for your dining table.
Ghost Lollipop BouquetAre you hosting a party? This is a spooky way to decorate a party treat! You will need: Lollipops White felt or cloth Twine Black fabric marker Container or Jar
- Find lollipops or tootsie rolls of your choice.
- With the white felt or cloth, cut 5 in by 5 in squares. (Make as many as needed.)
- Wrap the felt/cloth around the lollipop and use the twine to secure it.
Guacamole from a PumpkinYou will need guacamole, chips, small pumpkin (carved), and a plate. For the guacamole, combine in a bowl:
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp of fresh lime juice or lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp to 1/4 cup of minced red onion or thinly sliced green onion
- 1-2 serrano chiles, stems and seeds removed, minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (leaves and tender stems), finely chopped
- A dash of freshly grated black pepper
- 1/2 ripe tomato, seeds and pulp removed, chopped
- Place your carved pumpkin on the plate.
- Spread the guacamole on the plate and the mouth of the pumpkin to mimic a pumpkin throwing up.
- Spread the chips around the pumpkin and guacamole.